Friday, December 1, 2017

Day 26 since the Cancer diagnosis ~ ADVENT STARTS this Sunday

Justin, Jacob and Tim went to see  the Brunswick Maine Oncologist Dr. Tillinghaust today, (the office is about 25 min. away from home). I was not able to go:( It felt weird not going with him.  I kept looking at the clock, wondering, and I finally tried to call them ( I was hoping to have a part in the appointment in a "conference call" type of meeting).  There were no new updates or information from the Dr.'s appointment today. 
We head back to Dana Farber Dec. 5th. 
Justin had a vitamin B/12 shot the other day because he was so tired. It seems to have worn off....I plan on asking for another one for him....?

My sister Rita (thank-you Rita) gave me some good information about a free place to stay in Boston while Justin is undergoing treatment; I will check into it. We also had an offer from a wonderful woman who lives in Revere Massachusetts...thank-you Rebe :)

It is good for Justin to keep life as normal and familiar as possible. I think Justin is a little disappointed with hunting season. He, his brother Jacob, and Tim plan out the hunting season for months.  He missed most of Deer/rifle season and shared that he might go out hunting with his Muzzle tomorrow for a couple of hours. I offered to drive him to the land, ( 98 acres of wooded and harvested land which is about an hour away).  He will let me know in the morning. 

I have 2 "shout outs" . One to my friend Sara, (when I was so sick a couple of weeks ago she made me the best chicken soup...Justin loved it too!). Thanks for the prayers, please have everyone you know in Florida pray for Justin:) Miss you!
The other "shout out"
is to my blog viewer in Portugal who has been so faithful...please pray:)


ADVENT  STARTS DEC. 3rd




Beginning the Church's liturgical year, Advent (from, "ad-venire" in Latin or "to come to") is the season encompassing the four Sundays (and weekdays) leading up to the celebration of Christmas.
The Advent season is a time of preparation that directs our hearts and minds to Christ’s second coming at the end of time and also to the anniversary of the Lord’s birth on Christmas. The final days of Advent, from December 17 to December 24, focus particularly on our preparation for the celebrations of the Nativity of our Lord (Christmas).
Advent devotions including the Advent wreath, remind us of the meaning of the season. Our Advent calendar above can help you fully enter in to the season with daily activity and prayer suggestions to prepare you spiritually for the birth of Jesus Christ.  More Advent resources are listed below.

A "vintage train" ride. Enjoy the sounds of long ago, ( and yes, I did get soot on me). This is a coal powered steam train.