Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas~ An essay of Something New. A wonderful message from Bishop Barron


https://ourladyofgoodshepherd.net/pictures/2016/1/CHRISTMAS%20SEASON.jpg

Something New


New things are happening.  The Advent season has gone by so quickly, (for all the many reason you are aware of ) and there have been times I feel like I have not been as prayerful as I could have, have not been as diligent as I normally am with scripture readings, or attended Mass as prayerfully focused as I should have. But new things are happening.
Advent means "coming", this Advent Christ has "come" to me and my family in so many ways. Christ has come to me through you! Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has come to me and my family, (even though some of my family do not recognize Him or see Him....yet), through your supportive prayers, through your loving diligent prayers which have change the course of Justin's cancer. 
So many people around the world praying for Justin and the family, these have been and are have been and are "Advent" to me.
~New things are happening.
Within a day or two of Justin's hospitalization and cancer diagnosis he was able to receive the sacrament of the anointing of the sick; something I was surprised he agreed to. The spiritual bouquets done on his behalf, the amazing support of my brothers and sisters and special friends, the many cards, emails, phone calls, people reading the blog, the steadfast, rock solid presences of the Catholic Church and its sacraments, the liturgical season of Advent, the Spirit of Advent, the "Coming" of Our Lord is alive, are alive! Christ is here, and will come again....these blessings are ALL SOME of the many ways  the Advent of Christ has been revealed to me through you!
New things are happening~
John the Baptist was given to parents of old age, and angel foretold the birth, this was new. John was born into a priestly family, his dad served and work in the temple. Both of his grandparents, for ages past worked  and or had connections to the Temple. John rejected the temple for the dryness of the desert, for the dryness of souls who were outside the temple, this was new.
St. Joseph searched for a place that would welcome Mary and he (and the soon to be Christ). He went from place to place looking for hospitality, the same hospitality I have read about so often in the culture of the old and new testament. The hospitality of welcoming the stranger. Scripture is full of examples of this hospitality Genesis 18:25, Hebrews 13:2, 1 Timothy 5:10, Isaiah 58:7, Luke 14:13 are just a few! But there was no hospitality, no room, this was something new.
May St Joesph find room in my heart, may my hearts, our hearts be hospitable, a welcoming place for Christ Jesus this Christmas and in the New Year.
2018 a New Year, with new challenges, something new awaits us, a stronger, loving relationship with each other, new life for Justin and us all, a new and stronger relationship with faith, the Holy Trinity, with Christ Jesus.
May the newness of Christ birth, the newness of the year, a fresh new start, bring Hope to us all, new and good things can and do happen every day and every moment.
Blessings upon you~
In Christ 















A "vintage train" ride. Enjoy the sounds of long ago, ( and yes, I did get soot on me). This is a coal powered steam train.