Monday, February 26, 2018

We have had a good week off~ A family friend Doris made us this beautiful quilt~The "cancer prevention ribbons" within the quilt are amazing.

God is so good~ We are so grateful for all the support we as a family have had during this health crisis. Saying "thank-you" a millions times over could not be enough.



Justin is still having issues with his heart rate and will see the Oncology-Cardiologist at Dana Farber this coming Tuesday the 30th, Tim will drive down with him. On Wed. the 31st Justin will see a new Oncology-Cardiologist in Portland. The good news is...he has had no chemo this week and will have next week off too! He was able to drive his car for the first time in ages yesterday. He went to his place of employment for some paper work issues~they did not know who he was or recognize him:( But to me he looks good.

Spring is just around the corner...I hope!

My week off from school was spent resting~ I did not realize how tired I was. There were also a lot of appointments for me, ( I try to schedule all my annual doctor visits during school vacation) : dentist, primary care physician, hair, etc.  All was well until my
right leg began to hurt. I had to rest it and not do much....what a disappointment :(
I had Catheter-assisted procedures done on my right leg last summer/fall. The Dr.s procedure was using radio frequency or laser energy. In one of these treatments, your doctor inserts a thin tube (catheter) into an enlarged vein and heats the tip of the catheter using either radio frequency or laser energy. As the catheter is pulled out, the heat destroys the vein by causing it to collapse and seal shut. This procedure is the preferred treatment for larger varicose veins.
For some reason, I began to have very bad pain at night. I will deal with this, but not right now.

Tim and I were able to tap some maple trees. We are only doing four trees this year and are using a tube system. I will post more when I more to report, the sap is slow right now.


~Blessing upon you all~

+JMJ+Pray for us!
~Tina

A "vintage train" ride. Enjoy the sounds of long ago, ( and yes, I did get soot on me). This is a coal powered steam train.